With the current COVID-19 lockdown situation, many of us are staying with our families, other friends, and even partners. Here, are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationship during this lockdown
- Grudges: It is sad and unhealthy to live with someone you bear grudges with and vice-versa. Since there’s no alternative than to stay where you are, why not let go of all hate, work things out, and have a wonderful time with your loved ones?. As Drake will tell us “Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can. Apologize when you should and let go of what you can’t change”
- Communication: Try not to keep to yourself all the time, reach out to friends and family to check up on them. Creative conversations will make the lockdown a bit more bearable and you’ll be surprised there are wonderful things you will come to know about your partner or family. Very importantly, remember those who tend to get depressed a lot and make a conscious effort to contact them.
- Boundaries: Remember to respect each other’s boundaries. Encroaching into the other person’s life especially when asked not to might be offensive. Respect each other’s boundaries but also be open to compromise.
- Fun time: Have fun times with each other such as participating in the “bop-daddy” challenge, playing indoor games, exercising together, eat or watch a movie together, and so on.
- Have a me-time: Do the things that you love to do in your spare time, such as self meditating or yoga. Anything that works for you and keeps out the boredom.
- Learn a skill: Look at this as an opportunity to learn a new skill or develop the one you already have. Take up an online course, build your personal skills, try something that could favor you in the future.
There are still loads and loads of ways to maintain a healthy relationship, but let’s give the above a trial and keep these words of Mahatma Gandhi ringing in our minds “Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.” And always show love to your love ones.